Have you noticed that self-storage facilities have been showing up nearly as quickly as fast-food restaurants and discount stores? There is clearly a great deal of demand to have a place to store belongings. If you’ve been looking into renting one, you might have found out that there are some drawbacks. Let’s look at some of them and discuss how sheds are the solution to overcome each one.
- Rental cost- You’ll face a monthly expense, which could easily go on indefinitely, and increases are likely over time. With sheds, you invest once and that’s it. If the upfront cost is a bit tough, consider a rent-to-own program. You’ll have a monthly expense at first, but it won’t go on forever.
- Accessibility- Some self-storage facilities offer 24/7 accessibility, but not all of them do. With sheds, you can get to your belongings any time you want, and you don’t even have to drive to get there.
- Security- You will have your items nearby where you can keep an eye on them.
- Size concerns- Sheds come in a variety of sizes, and you can have one made custom.
- Alterations- One of the best things about sheds is that you can build in shelving or anything else that will make organization a breeze. You can only do freestanding storage inside a self-storage unit.
- Content restrictions- Self-storage facilities have rules about what you can and cannot store in your rental unit. Sheds have no such limitation.
These are just a few of the ways that sheds make the ultimate self-storage units. Another benefit is that should your need for storage end, you can use your shed for any of a million other things. Reach out to us today at Pine View Buildings to learn about the sheds we offer and our rent-to-own program that makes it easy to have the space you need to store whatever you would like.